Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ashokkumar05

How to use Power BI (PBIX) with C# Window Application

Hi, 

Is this possible that we can use Power BI report (PBIX) with window application. Or other way which I can use BI report with pure C# window application? Actually my initial idea is to use bi reporting tool with window application and later same report can be used for publishing..

I tried to use using webBrowser control, but it is throwing lot of script exceptions during run time.

My development environment is VS 2010 (C#) and SQL server 2012.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ashokkumar05,

Please have a look at this thread to see if it is helpful:

Is it possible to Embedded Powers BI Reports into a WinForms application?

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana Gu, 

Thanks you for your reply. I gone through this link and in this link also suggesting to use webBrowser control and provide the URL to display the report. I want to use the report as offline (I mean without internet). My DB and PBIX file all are in same network computer and I want to display that report in my window application. Using BI desktop I am able to create a report offline but not able to use that pbix file into window application.

If any way I can use the offline (pbix) report into my window application like other report (devexpress, crystal report) then it will great. 

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok

I have a similar requirement. Were you able to achieve this? Please share any information on how this can be done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.