Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brittonsm

How to use Images in Chiclet Slicer

I've searched around but can't seem to find this - I've got two images I want to use as the Logo's in a Chiclet Slicer - How do I go though the steps to get them into Power BI?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @brittonsm,

as @asocorro said it seems that to use images in the Chiclet Slicer you only have to use web images.

I think that this is due to the fact that if you want to publish the report, the image URL must be accessible from all the other users and if the images are in your local machine they cannot see them.

After that I ensure you that I tried to give an URL to a local image in all the possible ways, but it didn't work.

If someone has another solution let us know.

#I'M Not An Expert#

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply put your images on a Onedrive or Onedrive for Business, in a public folder, and refer to your images as url links (in properties of an image in Onedrive for Business you can get the link to read the images).

I cannot get OneDrive sourced images to work either. I have connected to the folder via the sharepoint connector (OneDrive connector is not available) and found the link in the table, but the images do not appear in my PBIX file.

Hi Alex,

please follow these steps:

1- Save images as URL links in the raw data excel sheet (the one to be imported into Power BI).

2- U need to drag three fields into Chiclet slicer: Category, Values, and Images.

I have the same problem and tried using public folder in OneDrive for Business, still doesn't work.  Any other alternative public website I can try to upload my images?

asocorro
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

I believe the images need to have a web URL address for that. You can't use a local file address, which you can when working locally. The images don't upload with the PBIX file.
Connect with me in LinkedIn: https://pr.linkedin.com/in/adolfosocorro
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdolfoSocorro

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.