Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

admin_xlsior
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to use Get Data -> Azure -> Azure Data Lake Gen2 (beta)

Hi guys,

Does anyone ever use the Get Data function for Azure Data Lake Gen2 ?

image.png

I'm a bit confuse, because if not mistaken this is a new menu, updated in July last month, am I right ? I think I didn;t see it before around June unless I overlooked it.

But if I search this forum, I can find some post discusing about how to use ADLS Gen2 with Power BI ? so is the menu, new or not ? it did says beta.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @admin_xlsior 

->this is a new menu, updated in July last month, am I right ?

Yes, it is a new feature since 2019/7

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-july-2019-feature-summary/#azureDataLake

->it did says beta.

Yes, it is beta currently.

You could find discussion under this idea.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for your confirmation. Now it is more clear to me. And been misleading this couple of days.

The statement in Idea is very clear :

currently Power BI does not have direct connection to ADLS2 and requires Power BI Dataflow to access the ADLS2 data which causing data redundancy and creating extra hop for the same data and can be directly consume form ADLS2. Power BI direct connection with ADLS2 is great addition for Advance Data Analytics and firewall slider Power BI which enable exclusive access Power BI similar to AAS (Azure Analysis Service) .

So it is 2 different things. Now do we have reference ofn how to use this new feature, because it that video also not being taught or display how to use it.

Another imporant thing also, this is how I've been mislead, this article is it not relevan at all if we talking about the new feature ? 

This one -> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-bi/service-dataflows-connect-azure-data-lake-storage-gen2

I mean, that docs really talking about how to connect/use Data Lake Gen2 within Power BI.com which is pretty much different and cannot used with the new feature (Get Data from PBI Desktop), am I correct to say that ?

Thank you for clarify.

Regards,

Hello everyone,

So, is there any document to show how we're gonna make use of the new feature : Get Data - Azure Data Lake Gen2 (beta) 

Thanks

Hi, 

It's been a while, is there any document to show how we're gonna make use of the new feature : Get Data - Azure Data Lake Gen2 (beta). It is a new feture from Power BI July 2019 updates.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.