Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

priya2290
Frequent Visitor

How to use Different colors for different values in Card with States visual.

Hi All,
I have to show  different values with category eg:i have 4 values, therefore i want to put all the values in custom visual "card with states" , But here i want that each value with category has different color. eg: i have 4 values, therefore I want to show them 4 different colors. Please help me.

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @priya2290 ,

You can use the Conditions from Format tab of the visualization to specifiy colors.

But these are not based on category but instead based on the category's respective value.

cards with states.PNG

As an alternative, you can simply use 4 KPI visualizations, filter them by one category each and set color in the KPI visualizations.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Hi @Anand24  ,
Thanks for replying. Can you give condition you applied there for changing the color of each value.

Hi @priya2290 ,

My conditions are pretty simple:

Condition 1: [Value] > 999 => Color = Blue

Condition 2: [Value] > 499 => Color = Green

Condition 3: [Value] > 199 => Color = Pink

Condition 4: [Value] > 99 => Color = Yellow

Note: These are static

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Hi @Anand24 ,
Thanks for reply,
But my values are coming from different measures, i cannot put the above condition in it. Can we put condition on the basis of measures name instead of values as you used in your report.
Thanks and regards

Hi @priya2290 ,

I did search a bit but didn't find anything to have condition on measure name.

I'll suggest you to use multiple KPI visualizations for this purpose instead of Card with states.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@priya2290 - https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+use+card+with+states+by+okviz&docid=608020580017046975&m...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.