Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use Bookmarks on the same page ?

Hi,

I have a set of visuals on a single page. Instead of slicer I want to use buttons to display some visuals and hide the others.

For Example : Let's say I have sale of fruits and vegetables. I have put 3 buttons : Select All , fruits and vegetables.

By default the sale for both fruits and vegetables are displayed. So when user selects "select all" it displays both F & V.
So I make a bookmark call "Select All" to bookmark this state on this page.

Then, for "Fruits" buuton,  I hide visuals related to vegtables thru the use of selection pane and make a bookmark called "Fruits" to save this state on the same page.

Problem : The veggie visuals that I hid under selection pane is still hidden when i click on the "Select All" Bookmark.

How do I fix this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I use bookmarks all the time.  You just have to make the state visible/not visible, and then make sure that you update the button.

1. Both visuals visible - update the all button
  2. Fruits visible, veges invisible - update the fruit button
  3. Veges visible, fruits invisible - update the veges button 

A lot of times I just stack them one on top of the other, and it looks like just the values are changing if the visuals are the same size and location.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is literally what I am doing now! But it doesn't seem to work .

You can post your pbix here

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok i actually created a sample pbi file containing to hide/display the fruits and veggies example to verify the steps you mentioned. And it works perfectly.

But however the problem in my actual workplace still persists.
I have 6 dials , 3 of them (A,B,C) show values coming from location 1 and 3 of em (D,E,F) coming from 2 .
Now each transparent button is placed over and grouped with the dial , so when user clicks on the dial , it takes them to a separate page to see more info about that dial value.

Is that the reason why it is not working because , there is a button placed on the dial ?

Hi @Anonymous ,
It sounds elegant, and a transparent button should not be a problem.  So that sounds different than the original issue.  Please describe what you expect to happen and what happens.  Does the dial cover the button? If so it may be the layer order which you would find on the selection pane.  Or is it when you return from the other page? I assume you use a button to return to the original page, in which case you need to be sure that the state of the return is how you wish to see it.  I am starting work now, but will check back as I am able today.  Maybe a picture, or a listing of the steps as I did above.  

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I redid my workspace page and I don't know what happened but it seems to work fine now.

Thanks for your response anyway.

I have marked your 1st reply as solution. Although I can use your help in this other problem I have posted : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Sort-a-set-of-gauge-dials-in-ASC-DESC-order-dynamically-whe...

Hi @Anonymous ,

You are very welcome! I will look at your other issue now, but I may not get to work on it until tomorrow.

Nathaniel

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I use bookmarks all the time.  You just have to make the state visible/not visible, and then make sure that you update the button.

1. Both visuals visible - update the all button
  2. Fruits visible, veges invisible - update the fruit button
  3. Veges visible, fruits invisible - update the veges button 

A lot of times I just stack them one on top of the other, and it looks like just the values are changing if the visuals are the same size and location.

Nathaniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.