Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saipawar
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to upload/import Excel with 10 million rows?

Hi,

I am pulling an extract from Domo(another visualization tool used by a team) and would like to push it in Power BI on a bi weekly or monthly basis. I'd like it to be efficient in a way that it requires least amount of time. 

Is there any alternative to the usual Excel imports which we do using 'Get Data'?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
rubinboer
Resolver II
Resolver II

10 million rows, well i think you can kiss excel goodbye right there with its row limitation. csv file is the way to go if you only wish to export from domo to a file. power bi took 5 minutes to load a 2.4 gig csv file with ~14 million rows.

Domo allow for export to csv via api calls. i would suggest you get your devs to get a daily get or update sql or their workbench to push to sql and connect power bi to sql.

hahaha. love your reaction!! I know it's crazy but thanks for your inputs. Definitely trying a csv upload and reaching out to a developer to see if he can help with a sql solution. 

I will upate this post once I hear back from my developer and have a working solution. 

have fun 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.