Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to update the old pbix desktop file to a new version?

Hello Experts,

I think it can be very simple but critical for me as a dashboard designer. While working with the old file (i.e. developed in 2017) to restructure my control panel, I found that in old file visualizations they have a main area like below the red area, for example. For which I cannot adjust my component as expected. Similarly, in the following example, I tried to show that in the current file I do not face this problem.

Annotation 2020-05-06 203926.pngAnnotation 2020-05-06 204526.png

Now I have some questions :

1. Is there a way to update the old pbix desktop file to the new version?

2. I've tried every possible way I find, including through DAX Studio if I can migrate all my calculated data and measures, but it failed. Therefore, if someone knows how to copy all the calculated columns and measurements from one pbix to another it would be useful at least.

Best regards

Sukhomoy Bhattacharya

9 REPLIES 9
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

When you open the old pbix files in the latest version of Power BI Desktop, the report will be automatically adapt to the new version. You may try to modify the format of the visual or apply report themes  to achieve what you want.

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The problem you have is due to the header

You have to perform the following steps

Step 1: Enter Options

Step 2: Configure Reports

Step 3: In the Visuals option tick using the modern visual object header with updated style options

Step 4: You exit the report and enter again

Best regards!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-alq-msft  : I have done all these R&D but nothing working out. 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous your question is not clear, can you provide more details, if possible screenshots and explain.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There was an uploading error .. Please check now

@Anonymous check tabular editor for mass changes.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not get any solution or not so clear ...  

@Anonymous Tabular editor is 3rd party tool and can be used for mass changes. I'm not sure what more help you need or provide more context of the problem. Although did you checked Tabular Editor tool thou that I proposed earlier.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know, I never met this tool before need to check a bit more. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.