Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gladies123
Helper I
Helper I

How to update a tablename based on maximum date dynamically on refresh

Hi team,

Is it possible to update table name dynamically based on previous date? kindly share me the inputs to implement this

gladies123_1-1643020765185.png

For Example if report refreshed on the next day,the tablename should be updated as 'VW_DAILY_FT_29JUN2021"

thanks in advance

gladis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @gladies123 ,
yes, you can create a step or query  that creates a string from todays date dynamically like so:

Date.ToText(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow()), "ddMMMyyyy")

If you named that step or query "myDynamicDate", you would then incorporate that in your query string like so:

"select * from " & myDynamicDate

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @gladies123 ,
yes, you can create a step or query  that creates a string from todays date dynamically like so:

Date.ToText(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow()), "ddMMMyyyy")

If you named that step or query "myDynamicDate", you would then incorporate that in your query string like so:

"select * from " & myDynamicDate

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@gladies123 , I doubt so. But let us check with M experts

@ImkeF , any option for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors