Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to update Power Bi dataset with SharePoint button

Hi everyone,

I basically have an excel file saved in the document library on SharePoint and this excel file is the dataset for my PowerBi dashboard which is also hosted on the same SharePoint page.

I would like to create a Power Automate flow that would allow the user to select a button which would refresh the Power Bi dashboard based on any new changes they made to the excel sheet.

Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to do this with the "embed web" tile which allowed the pop-up part for the flow to work after selecting button. This doesn't work with the document library tile.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to do this with the "embed web" tile which allowed the pop-up part for the flow to work after selecting button. This doesn't work with the document library tile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply but unfortunetely these solutions aren't exactly what I'm looking for. I want to be able to update the dataset straight from SharePoint

You can use a trigger in Power Automate that is triggered when you change the Excel data entry file.

This way, your dataset will always be up-to-date and won't need to be updated manually.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.