Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zarlot531
Helper V
Helper V

How to update Gateway? This seems complicated

So I get a message on one of my refresh fail e-mails that my refresh woes have been fixed in a later version of Gateway. So I open my gateway and click download the new version. But the link is broken. So I find a link on my own to download the latest version. But when I go to install I get to a point where it's asking me whether I want to install a new gateway or some other option of migration etc. I click the second option and then it asks me for an 8 digit confirmation key and I have no idea what it is. 

I'm not sure how to update the gateway now so that I can stop having all this refresh-fail trouble. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I uninstalled then reinstalled the latest version. Somehow it worked is all I will say. It's working better now when I use that gateway. It doesn't fail nearly as often. Something your developers have done seem to have fixed the refresh issues I was having. 

It's obvious by now I'm not an IT guy, but rather an analyst, but good to see my refreshes are working better now. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Zarlot531 ,

Are you trying to migrating the on-premises gateway to another server? If so, you need to input the 8 digit recovery key to take over the on-premise data gateway. The recovery key is set by yourself when you install the gateway in first time.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I uninstalled then reinstalled the latest version. Somehow it worked is all I will say. It's working better now when I use that gateway. It doesn't fail nearly as often. Something your developers have done seem to have fixed the refresh issues I was having. 

It's obvious by now I'm not an IT guy, but rather an analyst, but good to see my refreshes are working better now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.