Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Manendra
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to unfilter multiple Pages in Power BI Report ?

Hi, 

By using Cross reporting functionality, I created a report where Report A drills through to Report B and Report B has five pages, and all five pages are filtered based on the selection made on Report A

I have a slicer on Report B, which needs to be reset to search/select another item without navigating to Report A. 

I have created a bookmark and set the page to the default view, which helps me to reset page 1 in Report B and show all the items in the slicer. The problem comes here as all the other pages (4 Pages) are already filtered by the selection made in Report A (drill-through selection); my slicer is not syncing to the other four pages (in Report B), and in the page filters option it is showing the old filter item which is drill-down from Report A. 

Can I reset all the page filters to default so that my slicer on Report B can sync with all the pages under it? 

When the report is published to services, I have a hard rest of filters option provided in Power BI services, but I want this sort of filter to be enabled on the Power BI desktop level itself so that it is easy for the end user to use only one reset option in the report.

Quick help is appreciated. 

Thanks,
Manendra

@amitchandak @Greg_Deckler @MFelix 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Manendra ,

This depends on how yoy have your filters setup, if it's only at report level you can set a bookmark for each page and all other pages will get back to the original since the filters propagate troughout the report, if you have filters at page level or visualization then you cannot set a single bookmark to have it made. 

Only option I see is if you have a bookmark navigator instead of the navigation by page that way you would be abble to always default, but that could mess up the user experience since they need for sure to go from one page to another keeping some filters.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Manendra ,

When you publish report B you have the default you need correct?

In that case you just simply need to use the functionality that power bi provides in the top of the report:

MFelix_0-1672686038583.png

This buttons reset all your report to the default values.

When you use bookmarks it's at page level only and not for all the report.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hi @MFelix 

You're correct. If I use this option, it will reset all the filters on all the pages. Can we embed this type of reset filter option in Power BI desktop? As in future I need to embaded this report into some other services where this reset option in Power BI services wont be available.

HI @Manendra ,

This depends on how yoy have your filters setup, if it's only at report level you can set a bookmark for each page and all other pages will get back to the original since the filters propagate troughout the report, if you have filters at page level or visualization then you cannot set a single bookmark to have it made. 

Only option I see is if you have a bookmark navigator instead of the navigation by page that way you would be abble to always default, but that could mess up the user experience since they need for sure to go from one page to another keeping some filters.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Thennarasu_R
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi !
@Manendra 
one approach try Sync Slicer but
Exactly no getting your requirements .Can you share a Example Pic.

Thanks,
Thennarasu

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello,

you could select the Keep all filters to Off and the other page won't affect them.

Idrissshatila_0-1672680086425.png

Idrissshatila_1-1672680103948.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I tried this approach earlier, but there is no use.
It is filtering even though we turned off the options.

Manendra_0-1672683034987.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.