Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to turn off "Use a date gateway"

Hi,

I have been using Enterprise Data Gateway to update several datasets but I need to disable one of them.

But I noticed that somehow I cannot disable or turn off the option as circled in the screenshot,

Do I need to remove the gateway entirely ?  Can't I just disable data refresh ?

Thanks

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the screenshot I note 2 things:

• No schedule is set up, so no automatic refresh would occur
  • The message in your screenshot indicates you have a datamodel with a direct connection instead of import.

The 2nd point is most important as a direct connection model does not store a full dataset.  There is no refreshing as the data sources are queried while the reports are being used.

If you want to have a cached copy of the dataset, change your model to import and republish.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on your question, it sounds like you don't actually want to remove the gateway, what you want to do is prevent the scheduled refresh?

If that is true, go down further and look for the section labeled "Scheduled refresh". There is a toggle called "Keep your data up to date".  If you toggle this off, your data won't refresh automatically.

You can still manually refresh anytime.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you are right, I am just trying to disable scheduled data refresh for now.

And thanks for a quick reply, but I don't see  "Keep your data up to date" under "Scheduled cache refresh" as in the screenshot.

Am I looking in the wrong place ?

Thanks in advance

capture2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the screenshot I note 2 things:

• No schedule is set up, so no automatic refresh would occur
  • The message in your screenshot indicates you have a datamodel with a direct connection instead of import.

The 2nd point is most important as a direct connection model does not store a full dataset.  There is no refreshing as the data sources are queried while the reports are being used.

If you want to have a cached copy of the dataset, change your model to import and republish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually do want to turn off a gateway connection.  How do I do that?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly you'd need to convert the data model to be import, republish and then select the toggle in the "Datasets" settings menu -> Data Gateways.

While you have this model set as direct connection, the ability to disable/enable the gateway is prevented.  This is because a direct connection report has no data without the gateway and wouldn't work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.