Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to turn off Drill Down option for rows in Matrix Visual

Hi Team. I have a scenario where I want to show the data with out Drill Down  in matrix visual. The requirement is Let's I have 2 rows , 1 column and 1 values in my Matrix table. Please find the below report for reference.Matrix.PNG

If you see I have taken 2 rows, By default those 2 rows were showing as Drill Down feature. But in my case I want to show both rows are like below visual. Meaning I want to show both the rows are like "Product ID", "Product Name" and remaing data in matrix visual like column data and values data should be same as above report. I just want to show rows are like table visual in matrix and Drill Down shouldn't be appear.

I have tried it many times but it seems like default behaviour. I hope someone will find the answer.

Could anyone help on this issue?

Table..PNG

Best Regards,

Srihari

11 REPLIES 11
manikumar34
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous , 

Under format pane Turn off both Stepped layout and +/- icons. So that you will get the below Matrix.

manikumar34_0-1603194912879.png

And then in Visual headers turn off Drill down options, so that end user cannot drill down. 

Regards, 

Manikumar

If this helps, Appreciate your KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@manikumar34  Appreciate for your help. I have tried with the options which you have mentioned but the problem If I turned off Stepped layout and + icon it will only hide "+" icon and it is not showing of the 2nd row data which is "Product Name" then client will not be able to see the data of "Product name". But in my case I need to show the data of both rows.

Best Regards,

Srihari

@Anonymous , 

Before turning off those options Expand the Rows and then turn off. 

Forgot to mention last time. 

Regards, 

Manikumar

If you think this is helpful, Accept as a Solution and leave a like

Anonymous
Not applicable

@manikumar34 , Thanks for the solution. The solution which you have provided is almost working but there is some change in required output.  Please find the below output visual which I have got.MatrixsPNG.PNG

If you see the above report, Let's say If i have duplicate Products like "A","A","D","D" etc and it has respective data of remainng columns. If there is a Duplicate Product name then it should show like below report in matrix visual. here I am just giving the expected output in excel for reference.

Matrixoutput.PNG

Best Regards,

Srihari

@Anonymous , 

As per my knowledge we don't fill down the values with the headers on row. This is a limitation. 

Please check with this in forum if there is anyone who can help with this.

Regards, 

Manikumar

Anonymous
Not applicable

@manikumar34 

Thanks a lot for the help. Sure, I will check with this in forum.

Best Regards,

Srihari

@Anonymous ,

Sure 🙂

If you think this is helpful, Accept as Solution and Levae a like.

Regards, 

Manikumar

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous - Give a try by switching off stepped layout as below-

1.png

Appreciate your kudos!! Mark my post as solution if this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , Appreciate for your help. I have tried the option which you have mentioned but the visual is same and it is not turning off Drill Down.

Best Regards,

Srihari

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , In the format of visual property there are two-three options for drill, check if those can help

refer more option like stepped layout off at -https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2019/04/7-secrets-of-the-matrix-visual/

Drill Down Options.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak, Thanks for your help. I have also tried with the same options but no luck and I am not getting the required output.

Best Regards,

Srihari

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.