cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

How to transform multiple CSV files from Blob storage without combining them?

Hi all,

As per subject. I am using Power Bi Desktop and I can connect and get my 3 csv files from Blob. But it forces me to combine all binary files into one table. 

Isn't there any way to load CSV files as seperate tables as I would from my desktop?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ttopal 

You could follow the steps to get separate tables.

1. After connecting to Blob storage and selecting a container in Navigator window, click Transform Data to open Query Editor.
  2. Under Home tab, use Keep Rows or Remove Rows to keep the only row which contains the file you want. (Or filter the Name column by file name, it is more precise.)
  3. Click Combine Files.
  4. After the content is expanded, remove Source.Name column.

Then repeat this process for other two files and you will get three separate tables. 

113001.jpg

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ttopal 

You could follow the steps to get separate tables.

1. After connecting to Blob storage and selecting a container in Navigator window, click Transform Data to open Query Editor.
  2. Under Home tab, use Keep Rows or Remove Rows to keep the only row which contains the file you want. (Or filter the Name column by file name, it is more precise.)
  3. Click Combine Files.
  4. After the content is expanded, remove Source.Name column.

Then repeat this process for other two files and you will get three separate tables. 

113001.jpg

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite with Arun Ulag

Featured Session: Drive Data Culture with Power BI- Vision, Strategy & Roadmap. Register here https://myignite.microsoft.com #MSIgnite #PowerPlatform #Power BI ​

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors