Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jlicht
Frequent Visitor

How to transform a reverse star schema into a normal star schema

Greetings Experts, 

I have uploaded my data an the automatic relationship has sorted my tables below. From the traditional star schema, it looks to be a "reverse star schema". Fact tables are the end points and DimTables are the center of star. This of course is causing report issues because I'm not able to filter what I need and PowerBI says there's no relationships between fact tables. Anybody know a quick way to transform this "reverse Star Schema" into a "traditional star schema" where the fact tables are center and DimTables are end points? 

capture1.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jlicht 

I'm afraid there's no quick way to achieve that.You may transform them manually.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-cherch-msft  That is sad to hear, but I guess some data is build like that. Do you know how I would go about manually editing the data to fit a star schema in this situation? Just as a general process? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.