Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How to track people who access publish-to-web URL

Dear all,

I am using Power BI Desktop and create a publish-to-web URL which is used for our staffs to access the link. And we also want to know who and when access that publish-to-web URL. How can I do it? Can you help suggest some possible solutions to track it.

Thank you,

Vu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

@vutruong,

Power BI provides audit log feature, which can be used to track who is taking what action on which item in your Power BI tenant.

However, as you use Publish to web feature to generate URL, this URL can be accessed by anyone, even those who doesn't have Power BI accounts, I am afraid that you are not able to get required information by using the existing activities. There is an idea about tracking Publish to web report link user, please vote it up.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I am using Power BI Desktop and create a publish-to-web URL which is used for our staffs to access the link. And we also want to know who and when access that publish-to-web URL. How can I do it? Can you help suggest some possible solutions to track it.

Thank you,

Vu

Microsoft
Microsoft

@vutruong,

Power BI provides audit log feature, which can be used to track who is taking what action on which item in your Power BI tenant.

However, as you use Publish to web feature to generate URL, this URL can be accessed by anyone, even those who doesn't have Power BI accounts, I am afraid that you are not able to get required information by using the existing activities. There is an idea about tracking Publish to web report link user, please vote it up.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors