Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KarlaR
Regular Visitor

How to take away "First" in tooltip

Hello Everyone,

I have data about the results of a survey in which each row represent someone answer about the satisfaction with people from the staff. I did a ranking of the staff starting with the ones with the highest porcent of satisfaction. However when i try to add tooltips to specify the region where each member of the staff come from and who is their boss the word "First" appear  next to Region. I try using the measure Values for Region as they suggest in a previous post about it but it didnt work. I hope someone could help me.

Thanks you!

Karla

Powerbi muestra.png

BD.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@KarlaR

The tooltip can only show only one value associated to the entry you hover. If you have multiple values associated to entry, you have to define aggregation on that field. For text field, it's set "First" by default.

So if you don't want to use "First", you can set other aggregation type like "Last", "Count Of". Other you have to compress multiple records into one row.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

In case anyone else is having this issue, if the field is displaying the values correctly in the tool tips label in your report, to remove 'first' (or 'last' or whatever) you simply have to choose 'Rename' by clicking on the field in Tool Tips. So here, in the text box that appears, you just need to change the name from 'First Region' to 'Region'.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@KarlaR

The tooltip can only show only one value associated to the entry you hover. If you have multiple values associated to entry, you have to define aggregation on that field. For text field, it's set "First" by default.

So if you don't want to use "First", you can set other aggregation type like "Last", "Count Of". Other you have to compress multiple records into one row.

Regards,

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, try using a measure: RegionM=Values(Table1[Region]) i Suppose that one. Person have a unique region.

Lima - Peru

If you see "first" it is because there is a table of values that is being displayed in a field where only one value can be displayed. Eg

if you have a table containing

Apples

Oranges

bananas

and you want that column in a visual, how can it display the 3 values?  It either has to display 3 or one of the values (the default is the first one)

depending on ehqt you want, you could write a measure like this

all regions = concatonatex(values(table[region]),table[region],", ")

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.