Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NovaBI
Helper V
Helper V

How to surpress one imported value without manual work

Hello everybody,

is there a reasonable way of how to surpress a specific value without filtering in PowerQuery in the background? And not using a slicer/filter?

The issue is the following: I have an automated data import from SAP. It creates one datapoint per day and at the end of the week, the final stand from Friday is saved as final version.

I set up a report that plots everything against charts and so on. But as the data import goes on, the charts plot the "unstable" data from the current week to the charts too (i.e. filter is like "select all", otherwise I have to deselect the latest version what i don't want to do). Example, I have Versions:

1,2,3,4,5 imported automatically, but I only want to see 1,2,3,4. I need sth. like "surpress the max. number" automatically. 

The reality is a bit more complicated as it is not always a 5...but more like 2014, 2115 and so on....but I am just interested in a best practice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@NovaBI the one and easiest way would and can be used easily across all the reports/visuals/pages is to add a column with rank using DESC and this will rank highest value as 1, and then page level filter you can use this rank column to say filter where value is greater than 1, so the highest number will always get filtered, to add a rank column following this blog

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@NovaBI the one and easiest way would and can be used easily across all the reports/visuals/pages is to add a column with rank using DESC and this will rank highest value as 1, and then page level filter you can use this rank column to say filter where value is greater than 1, so the highest number will always get filtered, to add a rank column following this blog

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k thanks for that. I'd love to have something without a new column due to performance saving, but this is very good too. Thanks!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NovaBI , not sure I got it. But you can create desc rank on version filter on latest version rank 1 on page or visual

This is what we can do with Today or Max data date

Is Today = if('Date'[Date]=TODAY(),"Today",[Date]&"")

Is amx= if('Date'[Date]=Max(Table[Date]),"Max",[Date]&"")

Now We can select today to the max date

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.