Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

How to suppress row totals in matrix report

Hi 

Currently we can not suppress subtotals in Matrix report.  Is there any work around possible.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CheenuSing,

In Power BI desktop version 2.43.4647.541, Total Row or Total Column is available depends on whether the Matrix has row group or column group. Please note Total Row or Total Column options control both subtotals and grand totals visibility at the same time. Currently there is no OOTB feature to suppress the subtotal and keep the grand totals. See:

x1.PNGx2.PNG

Regarding the requirement to control subtotals, you can vote on this similar idea item: Please provide a way to enable/disable Subtotals for columns for matrix visualization.

Best Regards.
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Alex_SD
Frequent Visitor

There is a way to hide some of the subtotals but keep others, and that is by changing the font & background colours to match for each column. The Grand total can then be kept

Colour Formatting.png

Subtotals Hidden.png

Hope this helps

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CheenuSing,

In Power BI desktop version 2.43.4647.541, Total Row or Total Column is available depends on whether the Matrix has row group or column group. Please note Total Row or Total Column options control both subtotals and grand totals visibility at the same time. Currently there is no OOTB feature to suppress the subtotal and keep the grand totals. See:

x1.PNGx2.PNG

Regarding the requirement to control subtotals, you can vote on this similar idea item: Please provide a way to enable/disable Subtotals for columns for matrix visualization.

Best Regards.
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Just to be sure, your subject line talks about row totals.  These can be turned on/off in the properties of the Matrix

row totals.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

HI @Phil_Seamark

I do not see this option in my version. I am using the latest Feb Update.

Version: 2.43.4647.541 64-bit (February/2017)

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Set the font color and background colour to the same as the background colour?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.