Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iamriz
Helper II
Helper II

How to sum values basing on a slicer (column1) and a reference or group ID (another column2)?

Hi everyone!

I have a sample Power BI test data  / scenario in the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EGEfkwvkozr7FnuTfGWR9tcZKSPk5hT5/view?usp=sharing

test2.JPG

What I want to achieve is upon selecting the productId on the slicer on the left (in the above image), it will get the shared sales where when ReferenceGroupId is not blank, it will get/use the sales from the referenced product. For instance, if I select Products 2 and 3, I want that the sum of sales in TABLE2 would show as below:

ProductId  |  Sum of Sales

2                |  150,000

3                |  150,000

And when I select all products in the slicer (2~6), I want to get the total value of 310,000 with sales of products 2 to 3 only getting a sum of 150,000 even without selecting product 1 (since it is a shared sales value) and be able to show it in a Card Visual.

The problem seems to be a bit simple, but I have already spent few hours trying to address it. Any direction or clue on how to solve this will be much appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @iamriz ,

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create measure.

Measure =
var _select=SELECTEDVALUE('SalesInfo'[ProductId])
var _sum=CALCULATE(SUM('SalesInfo'[Sales]),FILTER(ALL('SalesInfo'),'SalesInfo'[ProductId]<_select))
var _rp=CALCULATE(SUM('SalesInfo'[ReferenceProductId]),FILTER(ALL('SalesInfo'),'SalesInfo'[ProductId] = _select))
return
IF(
    _rp <> BLANK(), _sum,CALCULATE(SUM('SalesInfo'[Sales]),FILTER(ALL('SalesInfo'),'SalesInfo'[ProductId] = _select))
)
Sum of Sales =
VAR __table = SUMMARIZE('SalesInfo',[ProductId],"__value",[Measure])
var _productid=SELECTCOLUMNS('SalesInfo',"1",[ProductId])
RETURN
IF(HASONEVALUE('SalesInfo'[ProductId]),[Measure],
SWITCH(
TRUE(),
1 in _productid||2 in _productid||3 in _productid,
SUMX(FILTER(ALL('SalesInfo'),'SalesInfo'[ProductId]=1),'SalesInfo'[Sales])+SUMX(FILTER(__table,NOT([ProductId] in {1,2,3})),[__value]),
SUMX(__table,[__value])))

2. Result:

Choose 3, 4, 5, 6, and the result is:

vyangliumsft_0-1632288428440.png

Choose 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and the result is:

vyangliumsft_1-1632288428443.png

Choose 1, 2, 3, the result is:

vyangliumsft_2-1632288428457.png

Does this match your expected result.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @iamriz ,

1. Create measure.

Measure =
var _sum=CALCULATE(SUM('SalesInfo'[Sales]),FILTER(ALL('SalesInfo'),'SalesInfo'[ProductId]<_select))
var _rp=CALCULATE(SUM('SalesInfo'[ReferenceProductId]),FILTER(ALL('SalesInfo'),'SalesInfo'[ProductId] = _select))
return
IF(
    _rp <> BLANK(), _sum,CALCULATE(SUM('SalesInfo'[Sales]),FILTER(ALL('SalesInfo'),'SalesInfo'[ProductId] = _select))
)
Sum of Sales =
var _productid=SELECTCOLUMNS('SalesInfo',"1",[ProductId])
RETURN
IF(HASONEVALUE('SalesInfo'[ProductId]),[Measure],
SWITCH(
TRUE(),
1 in _productid||2 in _productid||3 in _productid,
SUMX(FILTER(ALL('SalesInfo'),'SalesInfo'[ProductId]=1),'SalesInfo'[Sales])+SUMX(FILTER(__table,NOT([ProductId] in {1,2,3})),[__value]),
SUMX(__table,[__value])))

2. Result:

Choose 3, 4, 5, 6, and the result is:

vyangliumsft_0-1632288428440.png

Choose 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and the result is:

vyangliumsft_1-1632288428443.png

Choose 1, 2, 3, the result is:

vyangliumsft_2-1632288428457.png

Does this match your expected result.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @iamriz ,

1. Create measure.

Measure =
return
IF(
)
Sum of Sales =
RETURN
IF(HASONEVALUE('SalesInfo'[ProductId]),[Measure],SUMX(__table,[__value]))

2. Result:

Select 4, 5, 6, and 160,000 will be displayed:

vyangliumsft_0-1632213440562.png

Choose 3, 4, 5, 6 products, then 310,000 will be displayed:

vyangliumsft_2-1632213591522.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @v-yangliu-msft , thanks for your help. But, choosing 3, 4, 5, 6 products should display 310,000 on the card visual. In the same way that choosing 1,2,3,4,5,6 products should also display 310,000. Since products 1,2,3 has a combined sales of 150,000. Selecting one or more among 1,2,3 products on the slicer should only have a max sales of 150,000.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @iamriz ,

1. Create measure.

Measure =
var _rp=CALCULATE(SUM('SalesInfo'[ReferenceProductId]),FILTER(ALL('SalesInfo'),'SalesInfo'[ProductId]=_select))
return
IF(
    _rp <> BLANK(), _sum,SUMX(ALL('SalesInfo'),'SalesInfo'[Sales])
)

2. Result:

When the slicer is 2, 3, the result is:

vyangliumsft_0-1632103440909.png

When the slicer is another value, the result is:

vyangliumsft_1-1632103440911.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @v-yangliu-msft , thanks for your response. Greatly appreciate it. There is a problem left with your suggested solution. Even if I only select, 4,5,6 products on the slicer, the total is still 310,000 if I show "Measure" on a Card Visual. I wanted that 160,000 will be showed if only 4,5,6 is selected. Then, if 3~6 products are selected, then 310,000 will show. Kindly advise, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.