Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FabianTWCM

How to sum rows evaluating values

Hi All,

I would like to ask for your advice. I am trying to sum the values of one column evaluating three different condicitons.

I treid to sort it out, using using -managing relationships- but a error about 'ambiguous' appeared.

Based on this, I have tried to sum the values across one column, evaluating three conditions: Store, Vendor and date. This information is is in he same table and each row contains these patameters. And later, I will try to connected it to a differen table, to breakdown these information by store, vendor and date.

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FabianTWCM,

Based on your description, I made an sample here. My original table looks like this. And I Enter another three tables that contains unique values of Store Vendor and date.

oR.PNG

And I create relationship between tables like this. And I create threecalculated columns in Store, vendor and date table separately using the formulas as below.

SALESS = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[SALES]))
SALESV = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[SALES]))

saled = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[SALES]))

re.PNG

Then we can get the result as we excepted.

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached. If it doesn't meet your requirememt, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3tzfxw8a2qiur3/How%20to%20sum%20%20rows%20evaluating%20values.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank,

Below I have included some screenshots to show you the nature of this file.

This is the relation diagram, when I tried to to use the date as an another Table.

2.png

Below thr table where, I ma trying to connect the data using: Store, Vendor and date fields.3.png

I am new using this platform. I did not find the option to attached the file. But you can find the imaes above. let me know if it is clear.

Thank you

Hi Frank,

Thank yuo vey much for your time. Please, can you share with me ,an e-amil address in order to share this file through wetransfer. On it, you will be able to see:

I have tried to create a create a relation among the tables. here, in this scenario is where "ambiguous path". The reason could be, I am trying to use: Vendor, store and date as link

On the tab, -TableExample-, I am trying to bring the information from Patiente Table to the HealthApp table, but it shows a different total 

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.