Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rax99
Helper V
Helper V

How to store measures in separate table

I have a table that looks like this:

CallIDAttempt(s)ColdTrf(s)WarmTrf(s)Consult(s)

I have measures that work out the standard deviations for each column (eg, attempt, cold, warm, consult)

I need to create a calclauted table that now stores the Standard deviation measures in a table like below:

SDAttempt(s)ColdTrf(s)WarmTrf(s)Consult(s)

How can I do this within Power BI? 

The reason why I need it like this is that so I can use the SD column as a slicer.

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @rax99,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you have created the measues that work out the standard deviations for each column (eg, attempt, cold, warm, consult) and you want to use the measures to create the a calculated table like the second table you post?

If it is, what is the SD column? Normally, if you want to create a calculated table, you could use SUMMARIZE function and create the table like below.

calculted table =
SUMMARIZE (
    'Tablename',
    "ID", 'TableName'[ID],
    "ColumnName1", [Measure1],
    "ColumnName2", [Measure2],
    "ColumnName3", [Measure3],
    "ColumnName4", [Measure4]
)

If you still need help, please share your measure formulas and explain what's the logic of the SD column in the calculated table so that I could have a test and share the expression to you.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft

Yes your solution does partly work, however as I have calculted the 2nd Standard deviation per column also, this will need to be added to the calculated table also.

See below:

SD.JPG

Basically I need to add a new row underneath "SD1", as "SD2" with the associated SD2 measures. Looks like the Summarize function only allows you to add one row per column.

Any ideas?

Hi @rax99 ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @rax99 ,

Sorry for the delay.

Does first row of SD1 calculate the standard deviations for each column for the table in your first reply?

What is the 2nd Standard deviation per column? Doest the 2nd Standard deviation reference the column in another table?

If it is, I'm afraid that you should create another summarize table and then use UNION function to achieve your desired output.

Table = UNION('Table2','Table3')

In addition, you could write the measures in summarize table directly.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.