Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RD2019
Frequent Visitor

How to stop summarizing specific fields in Matrix visual

Hi All,

I have the below matrix in the exact same format that I need.

image 1.jpg

Here, 'Labels' is a text field - both 'Labels' and 'Rate' I don't want to get summarized (as highlighted).

My fields pane -

image 2.jpg

This is a transactional date and there can be multiple occurances of the same product (hence the same Labels and rates) under each type - so using HASONEVALUE would not be of much help I think.

Please can someone help here?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RD2019 

Create measures

Measure_column3 =
IF (
    ISINSCOPE ( 'Table'[column2] ),
    MAX ( 'Table'[column3] ),
    IF ( ISINSCOPE ( 'Table'[column1] ), BLANK (), BLANK () )
)

Measure_column4 =
IF (
    SUM ( 'Table'[column4] ),
)

Capture10.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for this...I think this would work as well. However I have applied a work-around using HASONEVALUE only. As in my case, every product has the same label code and rate - I have just use an IF condition stating that if there is one value for any label or rate (although there can be multiple occurances) - just take the AVERAGE value, otherwise BLANK (ensuring the subtotal will be blank). Seems that it's working fine now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
meet2aftab
Helper I
Helper I

Did you tried to move “First Labels” and “Rate” from Values to Rows? You are getting total for text fields because you have placed these text fields in value section of matrix. see below screenshot

visual.jpg

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RD2019 

Create measures

Measure_column3 =
IF (
    MAX ( 'Table'[column3] ),
)

Measure_column4 =
IF (
    SUM ( 'Table'[column4] ),
)

Capture10.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for this...I think this would work as well. However I have applied a work-around using HASONEVALUE only. As in my case, every product has the same label code and rate - I have just use an IF condition stating that if there is one value for any label or rate (although there can be multiple occurances) - just take the AVERAGE value, otherwise BLANK (ensuring the subtotal will be blank). Seems that it's working fine now.

I see repeating values, so assuming these are both columns, you can write measures as follows

=selectedvalue(table[column])

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.