Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

taeyang
Frequent Visitor

How to stop specific row in matrix interacting with other chart

Hi, I have two visuals with interactions; 1) KPI Overview Matrix and 2) Average Selling Price.

And would like to stop interaction of KPI from 1) Matrix with specific Chart 2) Average Selling Price.

For example, if I select the product A from Matrix 1), I wish ASP for the product A appears  in chart 2).

However, if I select product in Matrix 1), it automatically selects KPI as well and make Average Selling Price calculation invalid.

taeyang_1-1667191826367.png

1) KPI Overview consists of two levels of Rows. First Level is KPI itself (i.e. Sales, Volume, Margin) and second level is product.

2) Average Selling Price is Calculated measure using the Sum of KPI (Calculate + filter).

taeyang_2-1667191930884.png

Since 2) Average Selling Price is calculated by dividing Sales Performance by Volume, any selection in Matrix 1) returns invalid result in Chart 2).  As soon as KPI is filtered in Matrix 1), it makes my ASP calculation invalid.

In conclusion I wish interaction only works for products, not KPI in the rows of the matrix table. How can I do this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @taeyang ,

As far as I know, currently in Power BI you can only control whether two visual objects can interact with each other, not exactly which line.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @taeyang ,

As far as I know, currently in Power BI you can only control whether two visual objects can interact with each other, not exactly which line.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.