cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArturDj
Frequent Visitor

How to stop Power Bi from capturing all data from the source

Hi,

I am trying to edit the data being displayed/capturing from my data source.
I am currently capturing data from a SharePoint documents library to Power BI into a matrix and building a dashboard.
Within this document library i have folders for all the employees and an archive folder (which has sub folders of the employees), where older training records would be moved and replaced by new ones.

The problem i have is power bi seems to be capturing data from the main employee folder and the archive folder i.e. if an employee has completed 38 training courses but has 2 archived training file it will return training total 40, where i just want to know its 38 . Is there anyway i can stop it from looking in the archive folder?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@ArturDj , have changed the source?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @amitchandak,

I have not changed the source. I want to keep the same source, but just not capture the data in that specific archive folder.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

Top Solution Authors