Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to stop Power Bi from capturing all data from the source

Hi,

I am trying to edit the data being displayed/capturing from my data source.
I am currently capturing data from a SharePoint documents library to Power BI into a matrix and building a dashboard.
Within this document library i have folders for all the employees and an archive folder (which has sub folders of the employees), where older training records would be moved and replaced by new ones.

The problem i have is power bi seems to be capturing data from the main employee folder and the archive folder i.e. if an employee has completed 38 training courses but has 2 archived training file it will return training total 40, where i just want to know its 38 . Is there anyway i can stop it from looking in the archive folder?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , have changed the source?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak,

I have not changed the source. I want to keep the same source, but just not capture the data in that specific archive folder.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors