cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lazysid Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How to split column by delimiter ' but not apply it to one row in the column

Hi! I just started using Power BI. So far its going good but now I am stuck at a place where I want to split my column by Delimiter ' but in doing so I dont want it to be applied to one particular row of the column. How can I tell Power BI to ignore that particular row. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: How to split column by delimiter ' but not apply it to one row in the column

@lazysid,

A simple method is to replace the value of the particular row of the column with other data format(e.g, A:B), then use Split column feature in Query Editor, after that, replace A:B with A'B.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
lazysid Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How to split a column by delimiter ' but not apply the same to one row in that column

Hi! I just started using Power BI. So far its going good but now I have gotten struck at a place where I want to split my column by delimiter ' but I dont want that to be applied to just one row in the coulumn. It should apply for all the other remaining rows except one. Can anyone suggest me how that can be done. 

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: How to split column by delimiter ' but not apply it to one row in the column

@lazysid,

A simple method is to replace the value of the particular row of the column with other data format(e.g, A:B), then use Split column feature in Query Editor, after that, replace A:B with A'B.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 48 members 1,382 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: