cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d_sandip59 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How to sort the week day names as Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday like this at week day drop down?

Hi,

I have used the below DAX

WeekDay = format(Test[FIRST_TOUCH_DATE_TIME],"dddd")

and it gives me this:

Saturday, sunday, Monday i.e Week day names, but I nned to show the name in a sorted order like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday..

Currently it is hown as below, so how can I achieve this?

Capture12.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
AngadK Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: How to sort the week day names as Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday like this at week day drop down?

Hi @d_sandip59

There is no direct option to sort week day, try to sort manually by the following way-

1. Create a calculated column and write the below DAXWeekDay Sort = SWITCH(Table1[WeekDay],"Monday",01,"Tuesday",02,"Wednesday",03,"Thursday",04,"Friday",05,"Saturday",06,"Sunday",07,08)
  2. Sort "WeekDay Name" column by "WeekDay Sort" Column under the Modeling tab in ribbon palet.

Capture.PNG

For more details see the pbix file. Hope this will help you!!!

Download pbix file

2 REPLIES 2
LivioLanzo Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: How to sort the week day names as Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday like this at week day drop down?

hi @d_sandip59

Add a new column with the weekday number and then sort Weekday by WeekDay number in Table view

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Highlighted
AngadK Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @d_sandip59

There is no direct option to sort week day, try to sort manually by the following way-

1. Create a calculated column and write the below DAXWeekDay Sort = SWITCH(Table1[WeekDay],"Monday",01,"Tuesday",02,"Wednesday",03,"Thursday",04,"Friday",05,"Saturday",06,"Sunday",07,08)
  2. Sort "WeekDay Name" column by "WeekDay Sort" Column under the Modeling tab in ribbon palet.

Capture.PNG

For more details see the pbix file. Hope this will help you!!!

Download pbix file

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 39 members 1,044 guests