cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NPArulventhan

How to sort month in order ?

Thanks advanced !!!

My month field show in alphabatic order , how can i sort in correct order . pls help me, its quick call

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Baskar Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: How to sort month in order ?

Cool...

Choose your Dimesion and then click the modelling ribbon there u can find the "Sort by Column" from that u can choose based on what measure u want to sort .

it will solve your prob if not let me know i will help u 😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Baskar Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Cool...

Choose your Dimesion and then click the modelling ribbon there u can find the "Sort by Column" from that u can choose based on what measure u want to sort .

it will solve your prob if not let me know i will help u 😉

View solution in original post

BreeC
Regular Visitor

Why is the sort option greyed out on my modeling ribbon?

BreeC
Regular Visitor

I got my report to sort:

Choose a field under the fields list and click on it so that it is highlighted. 

Navigate to the Modeling ribbon and click on the sort by column. 

You will see that the month field (this is what I selected) that was selected is now shown as the default. 

Select the field that you want to sort by (I have a field called MonthSort).  This field has the month number, but the month field displays the month in words.  After this field is selected, the report sorts. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors