Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NPArulventhan

How to sort month in order ?

Thanks advanced !!!

My month field show in alphabatic order , how can i sort in correct order . pls help me, its quick call

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Cool...

Choose your Dimesion and then click the modelling ribbon there u can find the "Sort by Column" from that u can choose based on what measure u want to sort .

it will solve your prob if not let me know i will help u 😉

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Cool...

Choose your Dimesion and then click the modelling ribbon there u can find the "Sort by Column" from that u can choose based on what measure u want to sort .

it will solve your prob if not let me know i will help u 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Baskar

Please can you share the screen shots. I'm new to Power BI and I cannot find the Modelling Ribbon.

Appreciate if you can share the screen shots.

Thanks

Mahad

Why is the sort option greyed out on my modeling ribbon?

BreeC
Regular Visitor

I got my report to sort:

Choose a field under the fields list and click on it so that it is highlighted. 

Navigate to the Modeling ribbon and click on the sort by column. 

You will see that the month field (this is what I selected) that was selected is now shown as the default. 

Select the field that you want to sort by (I have a field called MonthSort).  This field has the month number, but the month field displays the month in words.  After this field is selected, the report sorts. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.