Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

meddojeddo
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to sort dates chronologically AAS data source?

I am using an Azure Analysis Services data source and I have adate table with Month and MonthYear as columns. When I put this in a table, it sorts alphabetically. But there is a different fiscal period table where they are sorting chronologically. I don't know how this was set up in the Tabular model, but is there a way on the Power BI report that I can get the months to sort chronolically in the report without touching the Azure data model on the backend?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @meddojeddo ,

What connection mode are you using to connect to Azure Analysis Services? If it is Import mode, you can refer to the following blogs to sort the dates chronologically.

How to sort months chronologically in Power BI

Power BI: Sorting by Month Chronologically Rather Than Alphabetically
If it is Connect live, if there is a month number column in the date table, use the Sort by column setting to see if you can achieve the correct sorting.

yingyinr_0-1633422014503.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@meddojeddo , Do you have a column like YYYYMM. You can mark that as a sort column for the month year. But I doubt you have to do on AAS.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.