Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rflook
Helper II
Helper II

How to slice data above/below a selected numerical option?

Hi,

I am pretty new to PowerBi, so please be gentle. I have a data set which lists the 4 GCSE options (e.g. Computer Science, Economics etc) selected by each student. I have a column chart which shows the counts for each of the possilble subject choices, but what I really want to be able to do is to then have a slicer which allows me to limit the data shown in the table to those subjects which have a count of greater/less than x - for example, show me all subjects which have a count of over 40. Or similarly - but perhaps less easily to implement, show me all subjects which took 40% of all possible options (hope that makes sense). How can I do this?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @rflook 

I suggest that you will show us some sample data and the expected results.

It is hard to follow without examples.

Cheers!
A

OK, so as per the request, I have some extra information about what I am trying to do below. 

report.jpgAt the moment, when the slicer is moved, it effectively limits the examination grades to the given range and updates the column chart using only results which fit that range. So if I say set the range to be 6 up to 9, it removes all student results below 6 from the result set and updates the column chart based on that. 

What I really want to happen is to be able to chose a range and for subjects which have an average within the chosen range to be shown on the chart. For example, if I set the range to be from 7.5 to 9, the a number of subjects (e.g. DT, Spanish and Drama) would no longer appear on the bar chart as their average grades are below 7.5. 

Each entry in the results data set has the following columns: Exam No (the unique exam number for the candidate), Subject, Grade, Predicted Grade.

Really grateful for any pointers on how I might achieve what I want from.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.