Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pitchaimuthu
Helper II
Helper II

How to show the user selected drill down values on label?

I have bar charts with date hierarchy like(Year, Month, Qtr, Week and Day). So when the user drill down on particular year, that the need to show the selected drill down year on label. below my screens.Screenshot_1.png

The above screen is showing the drill down mode in 2016 when the user selected. and the Next screen would be  

Screenshot_2.png

Now it is showing the Year with quarter on labe. Like that I need to do in Power BI Label when user select on particular drill down option. Please give me how to do this 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Pitchaimuthu,

You can create a calculated column to get Year-Quarter using the formula, and use it as field in the bar visual. Then create Hierarchy. Year(first level)->Year-Quarter(second level).

Year-Quarter=Table[Year]&"-"&Table[Quarter]

Thanks,
Angelia

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
satbirminhas
Advocate I
Advocate I

If you are in the Power BI service, this problem can also be solved by following the steps listed below:

1. Select the visualization.

2. Click Format in the visulizations pane.

3. Switch off the Concatenate Labels option under x-axis. 

This seems to do the trick and shows the drill down value selected by the user as part of the x axis itself as a hierarchy and works for multiple drill down levels.

Screenshot.jpg

P.S. This might work with Power BI desktop as well but I haven't tried it. 

Best Regards,

Satbir Minhas

satbirminhas
Advocate I
Advocate I

If you are in the Power BI service, you can also solve this by following the steps listed below:

1. Select the visualization.

2. Click format in the visualizations pane

3. Switch off concatenate labels under x-axis.

This setting displays the drill down value selected by the user as part of the axis itself and works for multiple levels of drill down.

Best Regards,

Satbir Minhas

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Pitchaimuthu,

Even though you turn the title on, the defualt title is xx by xx. In the year level, it shows xx by year. In the quarter level, it shows xx by quarter. The tile can not dispaly the year value, and changed automatically according to different level. Please see the following screenshot.

2.PNG1.PNG

Thanks,
Angelia

Thank you @v-huizhn-msft for the response. So I do not want to show the default label. But I need to show the year, like 2017-Q2 as like I need to show on chart. Please give me how to customize that one?

Hi @Pitchaimuthu,

You can create a calculated column to get Year-Quarter using the formula, and use it as field in the bar visual. Then create Hierarchy. Year(first level)->Year-Quarter(second level).

Year-Quarter=Table[Year]&"-"&Table[Quarter]

Thanks,
Angelia

Try turning on the visual's title and it should update with the level of the hierarchy with each drill down.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.