Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarcoDekker
Helper I
Helper I

How to show the selected levels of the hierachical slicer in the title of the visualisation

Hi all,

I have a hierarchical slicer to allow the user to select the sales from whatever geographical region he/she needs.
All levels are populates using one table with the various attributes.
So they can select nothing at all, 1 or more countries, 1 or more states or one or more cities.
The user wants to have the selection as the title of the visualization

I tried to create this sophisticated dax but can not handle it well.
When a user selects 1 or more cities: the title should be: 'Your selection consists of' and then the selected cities
When a user selects 1 or more States: the title should be: 'Your selection consists of' and then the selected states
When a user selects 1 or more Countries: the title should be: 'Your selection consists of' and then the selected countries

MarcoDekker_0-1670596524025.png

How to get this done? I read the trick of putting the measure into the title. I 'just' need to create this measure..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bifinity_75
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @MarcoDekker , try this measure:

Selection = if(ISFILTERED('Table'[City]),"Your selection consists of " & CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Table'[City]),'Table'[City],", "),
                if(ISFILTERED('Table'[State]),"Your selection consists of " & CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Table'[State]),'Table'[State],", "),
                    if(ISFILTERED('Table'[Country]),"Your selection consists of " & CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Table'[Country]),'Table'[Country],", ")
            )
                )
                    )

Best regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bifinity_75
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @MarcoDekker , try this measure:

Selection = if(ISFILTERED('Table'[City]),"Your selection consists of " & CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Table'[City]),'Table'[City],", "),
                if(ISFILTERED('Table'[State]),"Your selection consists of " & CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Table'[State]),'Table'[State],", "),
                    if(ISFILTERED('Table'[Country]),"Your selection consists of " & CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Table'[Country]),'Table'[Country],", ")
            )
                )
                    )

Best regards

Thanks, @Bifinity_75 . Works great. Once a statement works, dax seems so straightforward, but to get there..

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Read about ISINSCOPE()

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.