Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

reddy421
Helper I
Helper I

How to show the last one year sales in Tool Tip Chart irrespective of the Date Range in Main Rpt

Hi,

I developed a dashboard to show the sales of all the stores. I used Map visualization to show all my stores based on latitude and longitude.

My Question is, If I select a date range of 7 days, I am getting the sales for last 7 days and it is showing the values in the report and also in the tooltip.

Is there a way I can show the last one-year sales trend on the tooltip irrespective of what the date range in my main report is?

FYI...

2018-06-28 14_39_44-Dashboard_20180627 - Power BI Desktop.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to achieve this by creating another dataset with one full year sales for all the stores and use that to show that in my line chart

2018-06-29 16_39_34-GeoDashBoard - Power BI Desktop.png.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@reddy421,

I am unable to reproduce this issue when creating a tooltip page following the guide in this article and select slicer in main report page. The tooltip is not filtered by the slicer selection.

Do you use sync slicer feature is Power BI Desktop? This feature will make all visuals in different report pages filter by a single slicer.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Below are the steps I did to achieve this.

First I went to File->Options and Settings->Options and enabled the report page tooltips. ( shown below)

2018-06-29 08_30_09-.png

After my main page is done, I created one more page and created my tooltip visualization there. ( As shown below)

2018-06-29 08_34_02-.png2018-06-29 08_37_00-Dashboard_20180627 - Power BI Desktop.png

I was able to achieve this by creating another dataset with one full year sales for all the stores and use that to show that in my line chart

2018-06-29 16_39_34-GeoDashBoard - Power BI Desktop.png.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.