Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jerry1985
Frequent Visitor

How to show only 1 measure/dax

I am trying to design feature that allows users to toggle between the below measures

1. Total Revenue vs. LY or 

2. Total Revenue vs. Plan 

I can't seem to allow slicers to be filtered and a search through PowerBI Desktop help hasn't yielded specific answers. 

Can anyone help ? >< 

I'm trying to let users select to see either thru a slicer.
1. vs. Plan OR 

2. vs LY 

PowerBI Slicerhelp1.PNGPowerBI Slicerhelp2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hei_aQing
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Jerry1985 

Try the field parameter, parameterize the two measures and drag them into the matrix of values.

Let report readers use field parameters to change visuals (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jerry1985 ,

Try like below:

test =
IF (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table (2)'[slicer] ) = 1,
    [test1],
    IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table (2)'[slicer] ) = 2, [test2], [test3] )

vhenrykmstf_0-1656672182994.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1656672215379.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and test data. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hei_aQing
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Jerry1985 

Try the field parameter, parameterize the two measures and drag them into the matrix of values.

Let report readers use field parameters to change visuals (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Thanks for this. This seemed like the easiest solution to apply since the features were already loaded on powerbi 

truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Jerry1985 ,

I am not very clear with your requirement but I guess you want to filter your data on the basis of Plan % or on LV% based upon user's selection?
If yes, then you can try to iuse Bookmarks. eg - create 2 buttons - one for Plan % and other for LV%. and then make bookmarks. 

@Jerry1985 -> If this helps you then please hit the thumbs up & mark it as a solution. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.