Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to show legends by rank in ribbon chart

Hi,

I have created a ribbon chart that shows ranks of each brand over the years (years on X-axis). However, the legends (brand names) are seen in alphabatical order. I would like to see the legend in the order of rank just like it is seen in the ribbon chart. So, for example, ribbon chart shows brand "X" with Rank 1 on top, then brand "H" with Rank 2, and so on and brand "A" with rank 10. Therfore, the legend should show brand "X" on top, brand "H" next, and so on and brand "A" as last in its list. Currently, it shows brand "A", brand "B", .... brand "Z" in alphabatical order.

Can someone please help to achieve this where legend is also seen in the order of ranking? 

Thanks for your help!

7 REPLIES 7
mihly

did you ever find a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Because this is a ribbon chart, I don't even see the option of sorting on three dots on the top corner of the ribbon chart. Also, for a better understanding of what I am looking, I have a screnshot below that shows legend in alphabatical order and I would like to see it in the rank of brands instead as seen by the ribbon chart.

kamsingh11_0-1609777457092.png

Thank you!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can create a sort column and sort on that. But if rank is a column that not possible.

You can take Rank on visual and sort on that.

If rank is column

brand = [brand]

brand sort = rankx(all(table), [value])

Sort brand on the brand sort https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sort-by-column

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have ranking as a measure. Can I sort legend by this mesure.

@AnonymousI'm afraid it is not supported to sort the legend by a measure. Additionlly, it seems there are two year values on X-axis and the rank of brands in each year is different. Which year's rank of brands should be applied to the legend?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. We are looking at the latest yerar's rank. For example, in the image above, the two years are 2017 and 2020. The last one is 2020 and we want to see the rank on 2020

having similar question.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.