Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IsaacAsher
Helper I
Helper I

How to show empty data points

I have been asked to create a visualization showing client creation date and size of client over time. 

My first thought was to use a scatter plot for this, however I have not been able to get the scatter to show ALL dates on the X axis as it is only showing dates with an associated data point. 

In order to fill in the holes in the data, I created a CALENDARAUTO(12) table and then joined that date to the client creation date, yet the scatter plot still shows only points with data.  Marked the value in X-axis in scatter plot to "Show items with no data" but it still only shows data points.  Added a slicer on the calendar date field from the auto table and also marked the slicer to "Show items with no data", yet the scatter still only shows dates with data. 

I'm wondering how I can show the spaces between the data points on a scatter plot, or whether this task would be better served by using a different visualization. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@IsaacAsher,

Drag date from the calendar table and use measure below if necessary.

Measure =
SUM ( Table1[Column2] ) + 0
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft wrote:

Drag date from the calendar table and use measure below if necessary.

Measure =
SUM ( Table1[Column2] ) + 0

Can you please tell me what data you are suggesting I use in the SUM function?  Also, how does adding zero to the sum change anything in the value? Where should I drag the calendar table date? I'm sorry, I'm not quite understanding your suggestion.

Could you please elaborate?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.