Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RKM
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to show dynamic scale for each items in Small Multiple Line Chart

Hi Experts,

I'd like to check if you have ever came across this problem with Small Multiple chart feature. If so some help please!!!!

So here I am showing raw data for each inventory per day. Now one inventory having significantly large size and therefore once I try to use line chart with small multiple for each inventory - it is then not adjusting the scale (Y axis) as per the need. rather its one scale everywhere and therefore, despite there is a clear upward trend on each inventory (as shown with individual line charts), we end up showing flat straight line. which is clearly defeating the purpose of visualization here for the user.

How could you avoid that, how could we show different/dynamic scale for different items here? Of course if names of all inventories are known then we can go for invidual charts but that will not always be the case and that's why we need something like small multiple which dynamically creates it for each item but then with the horrible scaling the whole chart is a mess.

RKM_0-1647916238371.png

2 REPLIES 2
RKM
Helper IV
Helper IV

I believed it is already on their roadmap... Just that there is absolutely no further update from MS in terms of timeline,

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-small-multiples-public-preview/

>> Preview Milestone 2 >> 

• Formatting: Y axis ranges can be synchronized or unsynchronized (to allow comparison of trends across multiples whose ranges vary wildly)
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That is not currently possible. If this is important to you please consider raising it at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.