Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dali748
Helper II
Helper II

How to show different column heading levels in Matrix?

column-headings-showing.PNG

I recreated the above matrix in another report but for some reason when I use the "Show Next Level" it doesn't show the Year, Quarter, Month, eMT Mgr headings that show here on this one...why isn't this showing the same way on the other matrix I created?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/38526856-drill-through-matrix-gro...

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

BR,

Venal.

The screenshot I provided is from the same data source and you can see it does show Year, Quarter, Month on the top left; so my questions is why can't I replicate this same layout when I connect to the same data source on a different report?

report-columns.PNG

See above matrix's, I created the exact same matrix but why does one show Year, Quarter, Montha and the other one doesn't?

Thank you!

Does anyone know why the same matrix layout built with the same data shows differently like in the screenshots in my previous post?  I don't understand why they would show differently if I built them in the same exact layout with the same data. Ty.

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dali748 ,

Sorry for that, but I also not found an effective solution to achieve your requirement, the rows header can always display but the column head can't, you can put your field into row field as a workaround. You can come up a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.