Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to show count at each stage using Funnel chart if each record keeps only latest stage in db

Hi all,

Is there a way to display my data using Funnel chart even if each record does not keep all the stages it gone through? Each deal goes through different stages but keeps only the latest stage record in db. 

IDSTAGE
Deal 1Meeting
Deal 2Engaged
Deal 3Engaged
Deal 4Initial Interview
Deal 5Bid
Deal 6PO Sent
Deal 7Won
Deal 8Won
Deal 9Lost
Deal 10Meeting
Deal 11Initial Interview
Deal 12Waiting
Deal 13Bid
Deal 14Won
Deal 15Engaged
Deal 16Engaged
Deal 17Engaged
Deal 18PO Sent
Deal 19Technical Interview
Deal 20Engaged
Deal 21 
Deal 22 
Deal 23 
Deal 24 
Deal 25 

I computed the Total using these formula:

Table = UNION(SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('Deal'[Stage]),SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('Deal',"Stage","Totals"))

I created an inactive relationship  between Deal[Stage] and Table[Stage] then created a measure

Value = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Stage])="Totals",CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Deal'[Id]),ALLSELECTED('Deal')), CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Deal'[Id]),USERELATIONSHIP('Deal'[Stage],'Table'[Stage__c])))

Result:

StageValueSequence
Engaged62
Meeting23
Initial Interview24
Technical Interview15
Bid26
PO Sent27
Won38
Lost19
Waiting110
Totals250

What I'm getting is this 

cvld_0-1634238701366.png

Im looking to have something like

cvld_2-1634239230036.png

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I am not very clear about the logic of the result you are looking for. Firstly, I am not sure whether the sequence is manual inputted or it is a calculated product, and seems like you are expecting a calculative sum of the count on stages, but you have 3,1,1 for the bottom 3 sequence which makes a bit confused.

However, I have created a pbix with some speculation, take a look which might helps.

1. Create a new table

Table = SUMMARIZE(Deal,[STAGE],[Sequence],"Count Stages",COUNT(Deal[STAGE]))

2. Create a new column in the new table.
Cumulative Count = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Count Stages]),FILTER('Table',[Sequence]>=EARLIER([Sequence])))
Vpazhenmsft_0-1634537819992.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I am not very clear about the logic of the result you are looking for. Firstly, I am not sure whether the sequence is manual inputted or it is a calculated product, and seems like you are expecting a calculative sum of the count on stages, but you have 3,1,1 for the bottom 3 sequence which makes a bit confused.

However, I have created a pbix with some speculation, take a look which might helps.

1. Create a new table

Table = SUMMARIZE(Deal,[STAGE],[Sequence],"Count Stages",COUNT(Deal[STAGE]))

2. Create a new column in the new table.
Cumulative Count = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Count Stages]),FILTER('Table',[Sequence]>=EARLIER([Sequence])))
Vpazhenmsft_0-1634537819992.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@V-pazhen-msft I had the same issue for ages and it worked, thanks a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @V-pazhen-msft appreciate your time working on this. It worked! Thank you so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.