Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Narukkp
Helper V
Helper V

How to show blank value in total

Hi Team,

I have a two metrics one is current year and second one last year. My formula of variance is either current year or last year is null then variance is blank else current year – last year. It is working as expected for row wise but total level it is not working as expected. How will I get the total as blank when if either current year or actual year is null.
Could you please let  me know how to write the dax formula for variance .
Note: If atleast one driver having current year and last year then we can not show blank in total and need to actual variance. 

Totalssue.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All,
I got the solution using below code. Blank value handling in variance metric itself.

IF(HASONEVALUE(Supervisor_Driver_Mapping[Driver]),Fact_Measures[_OverallActual_Route Standard Hours_Variance],SUMX(VALUES(Supervisor_Driver_Mapping[Driver])
,[_OverallActual_Route Standard Hours_Variance]))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Narukkp , You can use isfiltered or isinscope or hasonevalue to get grand total row and display blank there

example

if( Isfiltered (Table[Date]), [Measure], blank())

https://powerpivotpro.com/2013/03/hasonevalue-vs-isfiltered-vs-hasonefilter/

https://www.kasperonbi.com/use-isinscope-to-get-the-right-hierarchy-level-in-dax/

Hi @amitchandak ,
Thanks for your reply, but if i am using IsInScope,hasonevalue then every time totals is showing  as blank but my case not every time if you observe my scenario i need the all driver variance total i.e if driver is having current year or previous year as null then we need to show the blank else we need to show the variance total.
so how will cover both scenarios at total level. 

Hi All,
I got the solution using below code. Blank value handling in variance metric itself.

IF(HASONEVALUE(Supervisor_Driver_Mapping[Driver]),Fact_Measures[_OverallActual_Route Standard Hours_Variance],SUMX(VALUES(Supervisor_Driver_Mapping[Driver])
,[_OverallActual_Route Standard Hours_Variance]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.