Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lutho
Helper II
Helper II

How to show an individual student data point within a year level (violin or box plot)

Hi All, I have a bunch of reports to author with the common theme to show how a particulr student has performed within a year level within a learning domain. I further need to show the progression over a number of years. The page filter is selected to a specific student, each violin/box plot needs to represent the yearlevel data points for that year for a given domain. I can manage the data side but have had not been able to locate any visuals that in any way can accomodate my need.

I cannot imagine that I would be the first to try and do this, however I have not been succesful in identifying any visuals that allow me to visually combine the aggregation with a specific data point.

The ask seems very reasonable: I need to be able to highlight where on the box/whiskers or violin the student sits. All suggestion would be greatly welcomed. I am stuck at the moment and short of maybe trying to do this in Python ...?

Hope to hear soon & thank you for reading.

Lex

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I recently saw an interesting new approach to this. You may like it too.

Show different visuals based on condition in Power BI (linkedin.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.