Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlejoCumpa

How to show all months on formated column for date

So I am tryin to display the date as "mmm" ("Ene", "Feb", "Mar", etc.) and made a column with DAX: 

MesReporte = UPPER(LEFT(FORMAT(TC[Fecha], "mmm"),1)) & RIGHT(FORMAT(TC[Fecha],"mmm"),2)

So I have a Matrix like this: 
AlejoCumpa_0-1624462915613.png

But the timeline will hide the months that are not selected,  despite the "Show elements with no data" is selected, not like if I just use Date Hierarchy with month and data will appear or not but the month column is always shown: 

This is the result I am having, with fomated column and timeline hidding other months: 

AlejoCumpa_1-1624463356346.png

This is the result I want with data shown by month, but all months are always  visible

AlejoCumpa_2-1624463372117.png

I am currently using Timeline 2.4.0

AlejoCumpa_3-1624463483210.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AlejoCumpa , Show Item with no data will work only when you use date from another table say date table. The same is true with +0 in the measure.

If you are not using a date table use that and try

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AlejoCumpa , Show Item with no data will work only when you use date from another table say date table. The same is true with +0 in the measure.

If you are not using a date table use that and try

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.