Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

C_Dub
Frequent Visitor

How to show all 12 months when using DATE>VALUE

I am looking for a way to show all 12 month labels on the X-axis of a simple chart (in this case a vertical bar graph) when using the DATE VALUE, as opposed to the date hierarchy. When the chart is created at default size, the labels are Jan / Apr / Jul / Oct. When I expand the size to fill up the frame, I get more labels, but only every other month. I would like labels for all 12 months (which works fine using the date hierarchy, but I cannot use hierarchy for other reasons in this visualization). 

As you can see here, only 6 months of labels appear. Need all 12. Thanks in advance!

11-19-2018 3-07-51 PM.png 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey, 

please check the setting for the "type" property of the x-axis, and switch to categorical.

image.png

Hopefully this will already solve the issue.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thanks for the response. This solution ends up breaking it down into separate days, making the visualization far too wide. I just need it labeled with the month the way that it was under 'continuous', but with labels for all of the months, not broken down into individual days...

This is what I am seeing now:

11-20-2018 6-18-12 AM.png

@C_Dub,

You may try using STARTOFMONTH Function to add a calculated column.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey,

I'm not sure but maybe this article provides some ideas:
https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/improving-temporal-line-charts-in-power-bi-with-dax/

Regards,
Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.