cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
harrinho Member

How to show QoQ growth

Hi everyone, 

My excel spreadsheet includes a column Fiscal Period in the form of "Q1-2015", "Q2-2015" ETC UP TO Q4-FY17. 

I have created the following viz and I'd like to add a card which somehow will highlight the QoQ growth, from Q3-FY17 to Q4-FY17 

sales qoq.JPG

Would that be possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to show QoQ growth

Hi @harrinho,

You can try to use below formula to calculate the QoQ growth, but I don't think it is possible to use card visual to highlight growth volume:

QoQ growth = 
var current_Date=MAX('Table'[Date])
var previous_Date=DATE(YEAR(current_Date),MONTH(current_Date)-3,1)
var curr=SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),FORMAT([Date],"yyyy-q")=FORMAT(current_Date,"yyyy-q")),[Amount])
var prev=SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),FORMAT([Date],"yyyy-q")=FORMAT(previous_Date,"yyyy-q")),[Amount])
return
if(prev<>0,DIVIDE(prev-curr,prev),0)

3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to show QoQ growth

Hi @harrinho,

You can try to use below formula to calculate the QoQ growth, but I don't think it is possible to use card visual to highlight growth volume:

QoQ growth = 
var current_Date=MAX('Table'[Date])
var previous_Date=DATE(YEAR(current_Date),MONTH(current_Date)-3,1)
var curr=SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),FORMAT([Date],"yyyy-q")=FORMAT(current_Date,"yyyy-q")),[Amount])
var prev=SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),FORMAT([Date],"yyyy-q")=FORMAT(previous_Date,"yyyy-q")),[Amount])
return
if(prev<>0,DIVIDE(prev-curr,prev),0)

3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |