Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dimitrischo
Helper I
Helper I

How to share dashboards only

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to sharing only the dashboard with others and to not having access in the reports. how is that possible? For example i have a report with each page have its own agent. Now i need to share each one page to each one agent. How can I do that?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi dimitrischo,

In addition to share different reports under Different Dashboards, we could also try to take use of Role Level Security:

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI

So when sharing the dashboard, users in different groups could only see the Visual which contains the data they have been allowed to.

If you need any further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards

View solution in original post

Hi dimitrischo,

What is your current situation?

For role Level Security, we need configure different roles in Power BI desktop, then restrict data access based on the roles defined.

Please follow the article I shared to check it out.

If you need any further assistance on it, please feel free to post back.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dimitrischo when you share dashboard, access to report gets given automatically and that is how it is by design. I would suggest workaround for your situation is to seperate out report ie seperate report for each agent and make seperate dashboards from those seperated reports.

Thats not nice! but although thank you a lot!!!!!! is going this feature to be included on the next updates?

Hi dimitrischo,

In addition to share different reports under Different Dashboards, we could also try to take use of Role Level Security:

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI

So when sharing the dashboard, users in different groups could only see the Visual which contains the data they have been allowed to.

If you need any further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards

give me some time to test it! but it looks like to be a solution. So let me understand! I have at column B all my agents. and i filter them to each one agent to see only his productivity? Is that right?

Hi dimitrischo,

What is your current situation?

For role Level Security, we need configure different roles in Power BI desktop, then restrict data access based on the roles defined.

Please follow the article I shared to check it out.

If you need any further assistance on it, please feel free to post back.

Regards

For the moment i share only the data that are ok to be visible for anyone. and for some cases i am hiding the title, in order that if anyone is going to search it he can use only the 3 dots. the row level is not enought for me, because i need to can everyone see all avg productivity, and after that himself. so row level is not good enough.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.