cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vutruong Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

How to set up Date-format Slicer without day time

Hi,

I want to apply my date-format data to appear only month-yy (Nov-2017). However I can not make it done with the Slicer chart.

1/ In the "Between" section in Slicer chart setup, its default includes dd/mm/year which show in the picture bebow, no option for mm/year only, though I set my data as month-year (November-2017

2/ Regarding data formating, there is no option for me to choose date format as Nov-2017, the simplest is the option November-2017 which I chose above. 

Is there any ways to complete two of my needs above? 

1.JPG

Thank your for your support.

Regards,

Vu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-sihou-msft

Re: How to set up Date-format Slicer without day time

@vutruong

1. For build-in relative date slicer, it must apply date range as filter. For your requirement, you may try custom visual like Timeline Slicer

2. For data formating, there's not build-in format like "Nov-2017". You may try adding calculated column in your source table and populate that column into slicer. 

Regards,

1 REPLY 1
Moderator v-sihou-msft

Re: How to set up Date-format Slicer without day time

@vutruong

1. For build-in relative date slicer, it must apply date range as filter. For your requirement, you may try custom visual like Timeline Slicer

2. For data formating, there's not build-in format like "Nov-2017". You may try adding calculated column in your source table and populate that column into slicer. 

Regards,