cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
az38 Member

How to set the Parameter value during data load?

Hello

I have a dataset S:

Col1  Col2

A       1

B       2

C       3

And I have a parameter TestPar (not required, any type)

During data load I want to set TestPar = 2 (value Col2 when Col1="B") and then continue to dataset S transformation (for example remove top rows and addcolumn)

Any ideas? 

Thnx!

3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: How to set the Parameter value during data load?

Hi @az38 

You may go to 'Manage Parameters' to set and use it in query editor.Below is the article about it.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/deep-dive-into-query-parameters-and-power-bi-templates/

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
az38 Member

Hi, thnx, but it's not the same what I need. I need to remember somewhere (Parameter for example) value from the particular cell then remove row with this cell then show this value in the Report
az38 Member

There is a good solution to create new column and fill it https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Get-data-from-single-cell-in-DataSet-M-Language/m-p/625782#...

But what if i don't want to create new column and want to store value from the cell somewhere

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 55 members 1,141 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: