Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ski900
Helper II
Helper II

How to set specific time period as the current time period for visual level filter

I have a request from a client to have a rollup period from

1.) March 15th
  2.) June 15th
  3.) Sept. 15th
  4.) Dec. 15th

I have accomplished this but what I am having a hard time with is setting the current rollup period to the only thing that is displayed. For example, today is Aug 23rd, 2018, so the only rollup period I would like to see on the dashboard is Sept. 15th 2018. I would normally do this by checking if the quarter number is equal to a rounded up month number divided by 3, but this logic is not possible because the change in time period occurs during the middle of the month. For example, if I check

IF('Calendar'[1-RollupQuardID] = ROUNDUP(MONTH(NOW())/3,0),TRUE, FALSE) 
this will not include the first 15 days of March, June, September and December. I have built the following columns relating to this problem (see below for link to dashboard):

[1-Rollup DayMonth ID] -> ID to help group periods
[1-Rollup Month] -> Assigns month name based on ID
[1-Rollup Period] -> What will be used in the visual filter
[1-Rollup Sort] -> Used to assign order to [1-Rollup Period]

[1-isActiveRollup] -> The column I am attempting to use as a boolean for my issue
[1-RollupQuarterID] -> Created this to test different methods of assigning a current date
Any help is much appreciated and if you have further questions please let me know. LINK TO DASHBOARD
2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Ski900,

"this will not include the first 15 days of March, June, September and December. I have built the following columns relating to this problem (see below for link to dashboard):"

<--- Can't find the calculate column in your pbix file. Could you give some sample data with your expected result?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thank you for the response! For the sample data let's assume that March 16th, 2018 is the current date.

Date           RollupPeriod           IsActiveRollupPeriod?

3-14-18      March 15th, 2018     False

3-15-18      March 15th, 2018     False

3-16-18      June 15th, 2018        True

Rollup Periods (essentially quarters starting in the middle of the month)

December 16th - March 15th rolls up to March 15th 

March 16th - June 15th rolls up to June 15th

June 16th - September 15th rolls up to September 15th

September 16th - December 15ths rolls up to December 15th

If you have further questions please let me know! Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.